A big online sudoku event is coming and the winners will be invited to the next World Sudoku Championships in Beijng. We’ll copy-paste the information about this event from the official page (http://www.worldpuzzle.org/events; registration form is on the same page):
WPF is happy to announce the 1st WPF online sudoku tournament – WPF Sudoku Grand Prix
The tournament consists of eight rounds organised by WPF members from eight countries. The hosts will be Czech Republic, Germany, India, Italy, Serbia, Turkey, UK, USA. The dates will be announced soon.
All the sudoku players can take part and compare their results with the top players without leaving their home.
In the next days the registration will be launched at our web page. Only registered players will be included in the final WPF ranking.
- January – Czech Republic – Jan 25-27
- February – India – Feb 9-10
- March – Germany (or late Feb.) – Feb 23-24
- April – Serbia – Apr 20-22
- May – UK, US
- June – Italy
- June – Turkey – Jun 22-23
- There will be 8 online tournaments starting in January 2013 and ending in July 2013
- The WPF will maintain official rankings of the registered players
- Registration and player rankings will be done on the WPF web page
- Only 6 out of 8 tournaments will be included into the final rankings, each player will get to choose which of his or her 6 scores will count
- At the end of the series, the 10 players with the highest cumulative scores will be invited to the next WSC to play off in person
- For the first year there will be no registration fee, players may participate for free
- Each of the top 10 players will receive a 100 EUR discount off the cost of attending the next WSC
- Each tournament will be available for an entire weekend
A few event dates have been set. The schedule has been updated with relevant data.